Wednesday, February 05, 2014

The advantages of failing

I made it to the bottom of the ski hill shaken and wanting to go home. On the previous run I had fallen and it had shaken my confidence. I was afraid of getting injured. My thoughts had a field day as they worked overtime to develop highly specific versions of ridiculous skiing accidents that would injure me indefinitely. I remembered watching the P&G olympics commercial that featured little kids, unfazed by repeated failure, continuously getting up and trying again. Along with the gentle encouragement of their parents, they were inspired by their belief that eventually (no matter how many times they fell) they would succeed. When I watched this commercial with my boyfriend, I started to cry. “I’ve never even given myself the opportunity to fall.”
Take a chance.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?