Friday, June 28, 2013

Then what can you say?

Seems reasonable to me
Speaking at a national "Right to Life" conference in Dallas, Perry took aim at Davis' own background, claiming she had learned the wrong lessons from being born to a single mother and having her first daughter as a teenager.
The response is predictable
"I would say to him that I had the privilege of making a choice about the path I chose for my life, and I am so proud of my daughters, but I could never for a moment put myself in the shoes of another woman confronting a difficult personal choice, and it really isn't for him to make statements like that," Davis said.
If we can't tell people not to kill their children, what exactly can we tell them? And, to take a political example, why can you tell them that they have to have health insurance, even though you can't put yourself in their shoes?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?