Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The intersection between religion and strength training

I will use a phrase from a strength training website - in both cases it's helpful to be a douche. For specific values of douche, of course.
Then one day he seemed to be ready to be serious about this. So I invited him to train with me. Notice: HE trained with ME - I didn't train with him. We trained on the days I choose, at the time I decided, and following MY program. And if he was 5 mins late I started without him. This is what I call being a douche.

As a result, I don't need to "convince" him that my way of training is better than that bodybuilding crap he used to do - he has seen it with his own eyes. And since he's now finally benching more weight than his friend doing bodybuilding routines, he's now hooked to this style of training.
So what does that have to do with religion? I guess, you really can't convince people that what you're doing is right or better or anything like that. You just have to do your thing, offer your assistance if they ask for it, and not really pay attention to anyone else. And if someone calls you a jerk, well, maybe you are being a jerk, so stop and reflect for a while. But maybe you're just marching to the beat of your own drum, in which case, march on.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?