Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Forgiveness (even when they don't deserve it)

Point one:
So it appears that one of my Lenten projects is going to be to try to find a way to think differently about people I regard as guilty of serious evil. It can’t be to pretend that they are not guilty of serious evil (I don’t do it of myself when I sin–or at least I try not to), but neither can it be the wish they they get their comeuppance.

And point two:
After reading the story of the woman taken in adultery this weekend, my conscience got the better of me and I thought, “You’ve had cries for your blood posted on the web. And more than that, they are often perfectly justified cries for your blood. Do you really think it advisable to be baying for somebody else’s blood?”

Hard to argue with that.
Thanks Mark Shea for the reminder.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?