Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A little specific?

I've been reading the rules of the Senate and I came across this gem in rule 25, or XXV I suppose:
(f) A Senator serving on the Committee on Rules and Administration may not serve on any joint committee of the Congress unless the Senate members thereof are required by law to be appointed from the Committee on Rules and Administration, or unless such Senator served on the Committee on Rules and Administration and the Joint Committee on Taxation on the last day of the Ninetyeighth Congress.
I think maybe they had a particular and powerful individual in mind when writing the second half of this rule. Just my suspicion. At least it's not a grandfather clause that actually involves the grandfathers of Senators.

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?