Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hindu-Catholic Dialogue

I have a friend who is going through a difficult time personally and spiritually. I hit roadblocks in giving spiritual advice, because she is Hindu. Aside from encouraging her to pray, I'm not sure what to do. She has admittedly tried to pray, but it is difficult, because she understands suffering as an effect of karma, and she has trouble seeing why she deserves to suffer so much. I'm not trying to convert her, because this is definitely not the right moment, and she is not open to that. But she does express some jealously that I can turn to my faith and God for solace, and she has trouble doing the same. I just wish I could bring God's mercy and love to her, but aside from just being a good friend and listening, I don't know how to tell her that God loves her, and that her suffering is not a punishment. Any advice?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?