Sunday, November 29, 2009

Surprising views of the afterlife

I've been reading a book:



And what has most surprised me is the depth and breadth of Jewish writing on afterlife experiences, both philisophical and Dante-like. Not to mention how I've been told that "Jews don't believe in hell", only to find respected Jewish rabbis speaking of souls who never leave Gehenna, which sort of sounds like hell to my uninformed ears.

I am once again reminded that if you want to know about something you had better spend the time to learn about it yourself, from the primary sources if possible.

At any rate I should be done with the book in a week or so, so let me know if you want to borrow it. I can throw in an introduction to Jewish writings if you're really bored.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?