Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The great bishop shortage

I thought it a bit of a shame that the confirmations took place at St. Charles. I think it's a lot nicer when the Bishop visits an individual parish and confirms a smaller number of people. It's closer, more personal and less like one of those giant Moonie weddings. The Bishop confirmed over seventy people which took a while. It would have made a huge difference to break that down in to three groups. Maybe a Polish group, a West Hull (Inc. Hessle) group and a North Hull group. I can understand how that's difficult to do with the current crisis in vocations, I mean, back when the Diocese had as many as one Bishop that sort of thing was possible. These days that number has plummeted to only one Bishop and there's no way we can expect him to get around as much.


If only I were a Brit I too could be this hilarious. Alas I am reduced to listening to Jewish friends tell Jewish jokes, which I somehow feel I shouldn't find funny.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?