Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My favorite bishop - now available in video!

I heart Bishop Madden. He is the sweetest bishop I know. (Okay, so I don't know a lot of bishops, but I do know a few!) Besides the fact that he took the time to say mass with our students twice this year and used the power of his miter to give us a day off from school, he also celebrated my Operation TEACH commissioning ceremony and mass. I've bumped into him a few other times as well, and he is always full of warmth, joy, and wisdom.

This Sunday, I happened to be looking for something more about the readings and came across the above linked short video from the USCCB website with a mini-homily on the readings from him. He is just as endearing online as he is real life. Anyways, I thought I'd share. Plus I thought it was cool that the USCCB was doing this.

Of course, just my luck, they don't have a video for today. Does anyone subscribe to or know a good daily reflection or video homily for the daily Gospel readings? I've been trying to do daily reflections, but sometimes I feel I need more than my own brain to help me out, and some of the daily masses I go to, the priests don't alway offer a homily.

Anyways, let me know what the word on the street is.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?