Friday, January 25, 2008

You too can learn!

My favorite piece to teach was the PC Hardware part. I brought in an old, but working PC to all the classes and tore out the guts. I taught the students what each part did, how to put 'em back in their proper spot... and make the whole shebang work. This usually ripped away the whole computers are scary and magical attitudes in most everyone.

One of my Grandma's from a local retirement complex was so tickled. She declared "by golly, it's just like when I tear apart and fix my vacuum cleaner! I can do this."


Moral of the story - if a grandma can do it, you can.

Of coures that's not entirely true - my grandparents can do plenty of things I can't do. Still, I'm inspired.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?