Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A typical session with me using a biblical concordance

It's sort of a topical index of the Bible. I was looking for "worry" tonight and these were the headings I saw as I poked around for it.

"Strength, tribulations, wandering, wicked, wicked, wicked, wicked, wicked, will, wisdom, word, works".

The takeaway is that there are certainly a lot of wicked parts of the Bible. Serves me right, I should have been doing a binary search anyway which is O(log n) instead of my O(n) search. (notation explained).

This of course leads me to one of my favorite quotes from any professor ever:


"Big-O is the closest you get to S&M in mathematics" -- Prof. Eitan


This from a dude who also gave the world such classics as


"5 minus 3 is 1"

"I just realized we've been making a terrible mistake. We've been using numbers, like '5' and '2', without knowing what they are."


I could go all day, but I'll save some for a slow blog week.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?