Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Business Ethics

So it looks like Sprint has a nasty habit of dropping people who use the roaming part of their contracts or call customer service too much. This (and the related sort of stuff that goes on with cable modem download limiting) seems to me to be quite base. When you enter into a contract with a service provider, there are some things that are spelled out, rates, terms, etc, and a lot of things that are not. My thought is that one of the unspecified terms is that both sides will be reasonable. This is hard to write into a contract, and hard to enforce. However, I fail to see how business can be carried out in an atmosphere of distrust. That leads you straight to the sorts of liquidity problems that are bouncing around Wall Street, I think.

At any rate, what Sprint's doing is not just lame, but also bad for business, and businesses everywhere. I think.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?