Sunday, September 16, 2007

A bad attitude

I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and arrogant,
but I have been mercifully treated
because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief.
Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant,
along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.


Often, when I see someone behaving foolishly, I'm tempted to write them off and write a nasty blog post about them. I probably would have done the same with Paul had he and I and blogs all existed at the same time. Though I probably would have been killed for the post so maybe not. Point being I would have wanted to.

But I can't see into the heart of another man (most certainly not into the heart of a woman). Nor do I know what God has in store for that person. Indeed I should be much more sparing with my anger - there is such a thing as righteous anger, but it's not emotionally driven, but rationally driven, and it's for the good of the person you're angry with. It probably should be saved for people who act in bad faith (again hard to tell).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?