Sunday, August 26, 2007

Homilies

I've been fortunate to listen to two excellent homilies this weekend.

The first, bright and early Saturday morning, was on Ruth and Naomi (not too surprising given that was the reading). I guess it was the first time I've ever heard a priest give a spiel on that particular biblical book and I was rather amazed with how much he was able to cover and how much I've missed. Definately warrants a re-read with my Navarre bible, and possibly a little Hebraic commentary if I can get my hands on it.

The second, today, was on the Eucharist and such things and how foolish it is to skip church. Given that everyone who heard it was in fact at church, it might seem like preaching to the choir. However, given that most of the families were single parent at Mass (usually moms), it was probably quite relevant as a kick in the sit-upon to get the husbands back in the fold, as well as a good general refresher for the importance of adoring God.

Plus I learned how to make jam.

All in all, a good weekend

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?