Monday, December 11, 2006

Omissions

Just impressed by the COMMON DECLARATION BY HIS HOLINESS POPE BENEDICT XVI AND PATRIARCH BARTHOLOMEW I which was released about two weeks ago.

In particular:
As far as relations between the Church of Rome and the Church of Constantinople are concerned, we cannot fail to recall the solemn ecclesial act effacing the memory of the ancient anathemas which for centuries have had a negative effect on relations between our Churches. We have not yet drawn from this act all the positive consequences which can flow from it in our progress towards full unity, to which the mixed Commission is called to make an important contribution. We exhort our faithful to take an active part in this process, through prayer and through significant gestures.


Prayer and significant gestures. During my entire time at college, I don't recall once ever reaching out to the Orthodox Fellowship on campus. And I feel as if I'll have to answer for my omission sooner or later. Mmm.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?