Sunday, October 29, 2006

Mammon

I tell you, make friends for yourselves with dishonest wealth, 6 so that when it fails, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings. The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones; and the person who is dishonest in very small matters is also dishonest in great ones. If, therefore, you are not trustworthy with dishonest wealth, who will trust you with true wealth? If you are not trustworthy with what belongs to another, who will give you what is yours?

Luke 16: 9-12

To anyone who says Christians are obsessed with otherworldly concerns, I point them to this passage. We must be trustworthy in small matters if we hope to be trustworthy in big matters. The affairs of this world are indeed small matters, but that doesn't change our commitment to them in the least.

Or that's my interpretation of the passage. I suppose I can't speak for all Christians. But if I could, that's what I would say.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?