Sunday, October 22, 2006

Baa?

So yesterday I attended the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival. I kid you not. There were more farm animals there than I've ever seen, not to mention more 4-H Club members than I knew existed. So why did I trek up to Dutchess County (that's far, for your out of towners) to see these sheep? A few reasons.

1)I spend way too much time in an office, in a city, and it's good to meet the meat on your plate once in a while, so you don't forget the true value of it.

2)Since I started knitting recently, I've wanted to see the whole process that turned sheep haircuts into scarves, and see if the process could be applied to my haircuts (sadly, no).

3)Sheepdog trials. Awesome.

Next year I'll go with anyone who's willing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?