Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Reading this today

I came across the following comment:

There are 2 different aspects to war: Military engagement and propaganda. The Israeli ambassador states that they place "great importances on the public statements of the Vatican," yet the war-crime decimation of Lebanon continues.


I'm just wondering what the actual definition of a war crime is. Some are obvious, like genocide, or ignoring a flag of truce. Others, like shooting paratroopers while they're parachuting, don't really make much sense to me in the least. If some guy was floating down with a gun to kill me, I'm pretty sure I'd shoot at him. Here, while the intentional killing of civilians is badness, what's going on may be a bit tamer . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?