Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy Assumption!

These days I attend a rather "utilitarian" (in the aesthetic sense) Mass at Our Lady of Victory in the city, but even I was amazed at the number of people who showed up to 21 Masses in 24 hours. Wow. I'd say what they lack in quality they make up for in quantity, but of course each Mass is of infinite worth, I think, assuming no one tries any silly business.

If you'd like to learn a little more about your Mother in heaven (no, not in the feminist sense), Archbishop Sheen has a delightful little work:



I have just finished reading it, and though I found some of his points odd, I think it also began to lead me to a new phase of my spiritual life, God willing, due to the comprehensive survey he makes of Mariology. It seemed . . . relevant when he was done. Impressive.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?