Sunday, June 11, 2006

Something to think about today

The eleven disciples went to Galilee,
to the mountain to which Jesus had ordered them.
When they all saw him, they worshiped, but they doubted.
Then Jesus approached and said to them,
"All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age."

Mt 28:16-20


If we're always accompanied by God, then we ought not to be afraid of the world. I know I'm a little late picking this up after the pontificate of JPII, but it's quite easy for me to forget and end up worrying about my job or my computer or some other thing that doesn't matter. I probably shouldn't be worrying even about my spiritual life, not in that I shouldn't try my hardest to grow closer to God, but in that I shouldn't be afraid that somehow I'll fail. I guess if I understood the relation between will and grace (no not the TV show) it would be easier, but we've lost enough popes to that one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?