Thursday, June 08, 2006

Catholic Fashion

A most excellent article! The above listed site has a concise discussion about what Catholics need to keep in mind when dressing: hygeine, modesty, and decorum. Also there is a discussion about the problems associated with following haut couture. It's one of the better articles on this topic I've come across, and I've read quite a few.

I've often struggled with modesty. My vanity wants to show off my ... assets. I sometimes cross the line from attractive and dignified to overly-showy and vulgar. It's often a fine line. With fashion, as in other areas, as society continues to part with Christian mores and tradition there is a growing gap between the present culture's ethics and Catholic ethics. This certainly leads to a lot of confusion as to what is ethical.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?