Sunday, March 12, 2006

Faith

When they came to the place of which God had told him,
Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it.
Then he reached out and took the knife to slaughter his son.
But the LORD’s messenger called to him from heaven,
"Abraham, Abraham!"
"Here I am!" he answered.
"Do not lay your hand on the boy," said the messenger.
"Do not do the least thing to him.
I know now how devoted you are to God,
since you did not withhold from me your own beloved son."
As Abraham looked about,
he spied a ram caught by its horns in the thicket.
So he went and took the ram
and offered it up as a holocaust in place of his son.


2nd Sunday of Lent. Let me practice my trust in God by not worrying about how I'm going to get through the week, or get my paper ready to go. Let me give it all up to Him, and thank Him for His deeds. Not the best, I feel like anything else is pride.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?