Monday, March 20, 2006

Adoration

For some reason going to Adoration always clears my mind and puts me in the right state to go about a week. I suppose it probably has something to do with spending thirty minuites in front of Christ Himself, as well as having a large block of uninterrupted prayer, which I have far too little of. After all,

We need prayer therefore as individuals and as groups to remain in God's friendship. Without prayer we will lose the divine life we possess, and more obviously, we shall not grow in the life we already have. In other words, no prayer, no salvation. This is the basic reason why we are seeing such tragedies among once apparently strong believers. But being a believer is no guarantee of remaining one. They did not pray, or pray enough, or pray with sufficient constancy or perseverance, so the inevitable happened. They lacked the humility to admit their impotency to keep God's commandments by themselves. In a word they lacked the grace they needed, and they lacked it because they failed to pray. And we dare not say that God owes us the grace; that is a contradiction in terms. Grace is precisely that which God does not owe us. That is why we correctly speak of begging.


Thank you Fr. Hardon for the quote. At any rate, it's only after praying and Adoration that I can really begin to put my life in perspective and wonder about my vocation, what I'm supposed to do with my life. The question that most fascinates me is what would I be if I were born in an age before computers. The consensus seems to be town drunk for some reason, but I'm not sure why people seem to come to that conclusion, I'd rather think mathematician or something.

I'm still up in the air though as to what I should do with my life. Ought I to teach? More education? Sell my soul in the hopes I can influence people for the better? More prayer should yield something, I hope.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?