Thursday, February 09, 2006

Conception Day?

Yesterday I realized that my birthday was in exactly nine months. That got me thinking, "Hey I'm twenty-three years-old today!" If life starts at the moment of conception then shouldn't we start counting age from that point? Okay so most people don't want to think of their conception because it is hard to separate that from the act of sex. But I think it's cool. We should all celebrate conception days, just as we celebrate the Immaculate Conception of Mary on December 8. It wouldn't have to be the actual day of conception, that could get complicated with premature babies and whatnot. Picking a day nine months before your birthday would just be symbolic more than anything. I think it's a neat idea to promote a pro-life culture. For small children you wouldn't have to explain the ins-and-outs of sex (pun intended ^_^). You could just tell children that today is the day that God created them. Birthdays unfortunately have the tendency to become too materialistic anyways. A celebration of conception helps to bring the focus back to God's gift of life.

My poor children, they are going to have the most bizarre upbringing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?