Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Happy 3000th Post!

Yay we did it! We managed to find enough amusing, infuriating, thought-provoking, timely, and/or pointless info to post about to create 3000 posts! Okay, so by "we" I mean "mostly Squach, and a few of us other folk helped a little toward the end." Still it is quite an accomplishment. Either that or a great waste of time. You decide. Maybe we should have a blog moment-of-reflection. Any thoughts, comments over these past 3000 posts?

For me, personally, the time-span of this blog covers a time of transition. When I first started reading this blog I would get so angry! It was so (*gasp*) conservative! What self-respecting New Yorker holds such absurd views about life, the universe, and everything! But I was intrigued by these views so different from my own, by the perspective that was so outrageous as to challenge such sacred rights as the right of same-sex couples to marry, the right to an abortion, and the right to bootleg software and music. I sparred with some folk in a few comboxes over various issues. But I always got good responses, though I wasn't always convinced.

This blog helped to expose me to a lot of views I would not have otherwise come across, or would have written off as ludicrous. Still most issues would have to be hammered out one-on-one with a live person, but it was very good exposure for me and caused me to begin to argue such topics with other people and to do research online for more dissenting opinions. This process, most significantly, is what turned me around from pro-choice to pro-life at I time when I did not have a faith-basis for such a point of view. This had implications for my personal life and the ripple-effect was for me to reexamine other fundamental beliefs I held.

This blog has done a lot for me. So I thank Squach for starting it for now allowing me the priviledge to post here. I hope I have added some value and variation to the scene.

I'm curious as to what other people have to say about the blog. Criticisms and suggestions are more than welcome. I have some ideas about changing things up in the future, but I have to run them by the Squach first. :)

Anywho, I didn't mean to write so much. What I logged on to post was a little link on one of the best random number generators on the web. I use it all the time for helping me make lots of pointless (and not so pointless) decisions. What's cool about it is it uses truly random numbers: "The true random numbers are generated using atmospheric noise which for many purposes is better than the pseudo-random numbers typically generated by computer programs."

Try it out: http://random.org/

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?