Saturday, October 22, 2005

Is this fair?

"Three weeks ago I purchased for a client a computer and some associated peripherals, including a KVM from KVMs.com," a reader wrote. "As it took a while for the computer to come, I did not put everything together until two days ago. The KVM had come as soon as I ordered it, but when I tried it yesterday, it did not work correctly. Today I called KVMs.com to return the unit and they told me that it was too bad for me. They have a 14-day return policy on all their products -- unhappy or broken, they warranty the product for only 14 days."

The company would not show any flexibility in its policy. "As I had my KVM for 21 days, I was just out of luck," the reader wrote. "I asked to talk to a manager and it happened to be that I was talking to one of the owners. I tried to explain my case and told him that it was insane to have such a strict 14-day return policy. He did not listen and even got mad when I told him that I would tell people about their policy. I guess he thought that it is acceptable that their product did not work and that I lost money, and I should just be happy to have done business with them. So I want to make sure that as many people as possible know about this place."


Knowing what you're buying is important. Flexibility is nice too, however.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?