Thursday, September 29, 2005

Software: Owned or Leased

Point:

"If the software is licensed, then the originating company owns it and they can pay the property taxes on it," wrote one reader. "I have to pay property tax on all the computer hardware and software used in my business virtually forever or until I declare it obsolete and no longer used. This is subject to audit by an agent of the county whose audit is accepted by the IRS as valid. If I rent a car as a business expense, the property taxes are paid by the owner, not me, except as incidental through my rental payments. It would serve these software developer thugs right to have to pay property tax on every sale they make to every end user in every state. If they refuse, then the software is automatically recognized as owned by the buyer, not leased."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?