Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another story of great customer service

The reader and his wife both talked to the Sprint representative to make sure they understood what Sprint was offering if they would stay with the service. "He said that if we renewed our contract right then, not only could we get a pair of free phones, he'd also give us a free month of service," the reader wrote. "He said that we could go to Wal-Mart or BestBuy and get free phones by merely supplying our phone number, or we could go to the Sprint store or Radio Shack, purchase the phones and at the same time pick up a rebate slip for the cost of the phones. Either way, in the end the phones were to be free."

Of course, it turned out there was a large measure of untruth in what the Sprint rep told them. "We went to Wal-Mart, and the clerk looked at us like we were crazy when we told her of the promised deal," the reader wrote. "So, she called Sprint, and we -- the clerk, myself and my wife -- went through one rep and two supervisors. All of them said that they knew of no such offer and couldn't do anything for us. So we told the last supervisor that if they weren't going to honor the new, verbal contract, neither were we and we wanted our service cancelled."

That cancellation over the phone didn't register with Sprint either. "So when we started getting bills, I wrote to Sprint and told them the same sordid story and they said 'too bad.' I never signed anything, and all they have, if they have anything, is my voice on tape, along with the rest of the contract we discussed, I would imagine. Now I've been turned over to a collection agency, and when I asked them for a copy of the contract that holds me liable, all they sent in return were copies of the bills for the months since all this transpired. The remarkable thing is that every bill shows absolutely no usage and still, they can't see the solidity of my side."


I should try sending bills to Sprint and then calling a collection agency when they don't pay. Good way to keep busy on Friday nights.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?