Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pat Robertson Tries to Cover His Tracks

Unsuccessfully I should say:

"Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement," Robertson said. "I spoke in frustration that we should accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."

But he compared Chavez to Iraq's Saddam Hussein and Adolf Hitler and quoted German Lutheran theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer: "[That if a madman were] driving a car into a group of innocent bystanders, then I can't, as a Christian, simply wait for the catastrophe and then comfort the wounded and bury the dead. I must try to wrestle the steering wheel out of the hands of the driver."

"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.' And 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping; there are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP [Associated Press], but that happens all the time," Robertson said.


Did you know that the word assassin comes from Arabic- hashishiyyin "hashish-users,"

A fanatical Ismaili Muslim sect of the time of the Crusades, under leadership of the "Old Man of the Mountains" (translates Ar. shaik-al-jibal, name applied to Hasan ibu-al-Sabbah), with a reputation for murdering opposing leaders after intoxicating themselves by eating hashish.


and in some languages the homophone word directly translates to MURDER? (Such as asesinar in Spanish)

Something makes me think he's acting a little like the "Old Man of the Mountains"

We should not go out of our way to attempt to kill him in cold blood. War is sometimes necessary, but this cannot be moral because it doesn't fit the definition of war, let alone justified war. I think this is why I can argue FOR highly organized religion- because when someone says something like that, there's actually something people can do about it to censure him. It's bad enough he tried to scape goat it on the journalists when he said it on NATIONAL TELEVISION.

Besides, he mentioned Hitler, and according to Godwin's law, he should loose.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?