Monday, July 11, 2005

Senatorial Combat

Here are the good bits:

Sen. Santorum: My wife and I had babies together. That's the way we do things in our family.

Sen. Boxer: Your wife gave birth. I gave birth. I can tell you, I know when the baby was born.

Sen. Santorum: Good! All I am asking you is, once the baby leaves the mother's birth canal and is through the vaginal orifice and is in the hands of the obstetrician, you would agree that you cannot abort, kill the baby?

Sen. Boxer: I would say when the baby is born, the baby is born, and would then have every right of every other human being living in this country. And I don't know why this would even be a question, to be honest with you.

Sen. Santorum: Because we are talking about a situation here where the baby is almost born. So I ask the question of the senator from California, if the baby was born except for the baby's foot, if the baby's foot was inside the mother but the rest of the baby was outside, could that baby be killed?

Sen. Boxer: The baby is born when the baby is born. That is the answer to the question.

Sen. Santorum: I am asking you to define for me what that is.

Sen. Boxer: I don't think anybody but the senator from Pennsylvania has a question with it. I have never been troubled by this question. You give birth to a baby. The baby is there, and it is born. That is my answer to the question.


dot dot dot

Sen. Santorum: But, again, what you are suggesting is if the baby's toe is inside the mother, you can, in fact, kill that baby.

Sen. Boxer: Absolutely not.

Sen. Santorum: OK. So if the baby's toe is in, you can't kill the baby. How about if the baby's foot is in?

Sen. Boxer: You are the one who is making these statements.

Sen. Santorum: We are trying to draw a line here.

Sen. Boxer: I am not answering these questions! I am not answering these questions!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?