Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Gospel readings, from the past two days

Were of particularly great beauty, IMHO. On Saturday, for the non-Carmel reading, there was Mt 12:14-21, including a quote of Isaiah:

Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved in whom I delight;
I shall place my Spirit upon him,
and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
He will not contend or cry out,
nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets.
A bruised reed he will not break,
a smoldering wick he will not quench,
until he brings justice to victory.
And in his name the Gentiles will hope.


And today, of course, we had the Parable of the Mustard Seed. Too often, we get too caught up in imaginary worlds, and not caught up enough in the Gospel and its beautiful depiction of reality.

Quick poll: Who has or hasn't read the four Gospels?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?