Thursday, June 09, 2005

I like Dowd's stand-in a lot more than I like her

To head into cyberspace is to leave our manners and morals at home. Some of us leave our modesty there, too, though why Paris Hilton can't seem to have sex without winding up on the Web is beyond me. She hasn't been the first to discover that secrets from cyberspace don't unspill. There's no erase button in that galaxy; they just don't teach the "Rosemary stretch" of the Nixon era anymore. (Fortunately there's also no such thing as a shamefaced lie. Shame and secrecy were a couple, after all.)

Reminds me somewhat of that piece a while back of a woman who was trying to get a photo of herself removed from a cast listing of a show in college. I'm personally in favor of the permanence of the Internet, though. I think, in a way, it encourages people to be honest at all times. Kind of like the everwatchful eye of God.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?