Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Media Picks Up on the Jesus T-Shirts

So I was going to try to get the NYT article from March 29 2005, but I can't link to that anymore without buying it, so I'm linking to the Christian Science Monitor.

Observers call the shirts part of a sometimes deft, sometimes clumsy, possibly lawsuit-bound move to tap into youth culture and ride what many see as a society increasingly warm to Christian conservatism.

What is the response of an orthodox member of a religion when their beliefs get on the shelves? What should one do when they see Ashton Kutcher wearing a "Jesus is My Homeboy Shirt?"

One can argue that this phenomena is not new. People like merchandising for religion because these images hold so much power to begin with. Just look at Valentine's Day.

I gotta talk this over with my confessor or somethin'.

Or I could just go to tctees.com and buy the Trad Team Sweatshirt to drive the point home.

"Know thy faith 2 Keep Thy Faith"

Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?