Monday, March 14, 2005

A rare personal insight

I feel that given the contentious comments below (three comments in a thread, damn this blog is hot) I should give y'all some insight into my position on sin.

Fr. Jacek, the chaplain, likes to call my view on Catholic moral reasoning "interesting", like when I said having a discussion about Latin grammer during Lent would be a near occasion of sin for me. I tend to be a little on the strict side of things, to put it mildly. At the same time, however, having Fr. as my confessor has resulted in a lot of what were essentially chewing outs/advice sessions as he talked after I listed and explained my sins. Very JPII, be not afraid and whatnot. The quote that always sticks in my head is "the fundamental basis of reality is not sin, but love", an idea that I have been trying to implement but always runs into problems in practice for some reason.

I suppose it's partly because I lived so dissilute a youth (ah the bad old days of two years ago) and partly because it's so hard for me to keep straight at present time (no not that kind of straight I know who you are and what you're giggling over). Basically, then, there have been no changes. Awareness of what I'm doing and a desire to change, but progress is slow, slow, slow despite the help of friends.

I suppose all that really means is that I'm a candidate for membership in the Church.

I tend to tell people a little bit about my past because I want them to know that I'm not this sinless creature or whatever that I apparently appear to be at first. People tend to be kinda shocked. I'm not sure if it's a thing I should continue or whatnot, but your (the readers') input would be appreciated.

I figure since I'm posting about myself for once I should at least clear some random stuff out of the way. If you want to see what I do with my life, go here. If you want to see what I don't do with my life, you can go to Playboy's website (no I'm not providing a link). If you want to find out what I shouldn't be doing wiht my life and you're a priest, invite me to confession; if you're lay, take me out drinking.

Nonsensical enough for now I think. Performed for the benefit of Z(ed) who is curious about such matters.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?