Monday, August 23, 2004

Old Oligarch on headship in marriage

An oldie but a goodie (sp?). Contraversial, and potentially deadly, but if they really are as follows:

In the initial post, I said that I thought Julian David may be correct in saying this teaching concords with the unanimis consensus patrum. I want to repeat that I have not done the research, so I would not feel comfortable making the latter claim in an academic forum. But my gut says he's right.

Doctrines proxima fidei and the unaminis consensus patrum are binding on the conscience of the believer beyond mere "reverent silence" about matter if one initially disagrees with it. Or so says Dr. Ott in his manual. How's that?


Then we must do some reflecting, no? As usual he provides an excellent place to begin.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?