Monday, August 02, 2004

I think we'll have to call this NFP week

Sex that is *intrinsically* contraceptive (in that the very act itself is closed to life, regardless of accidents, such as a condom breaking) is wrong. Any marital intercourse that is free from interference is *intrinsically* open to life, since the act itself is the normal, unfettered sexual union that could, potentially, result in a child, even in cases of apparent sterility (Sarah, for example, or Elizabeth, both "sterile" Biblical figures, one cooperating in the beginning of the Hebrew nation and the other conceiving John the Baptist). Using a barrier method seems to me (please correct me if I am wrong about this, Father) to be very similar in form to a homosexual act. Both are intrinsically contraceptive, and neither respect the deep dignity of the sexual union between a man and his wife. Neither belong in the context of a marriage.I love EWTN. It tells me exactly how to think so I don't even have to use human reason or any of those other Modernist things.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?