Saturday, August 28, 2004

Happy day, St. Augustine

He is indeed the shining star of my life, and today is his memorial, as yesterday was the memorial of his mother St. Monica. I thought I'd give a little sample of his works below, perhaps to pique the interest of some recalcitrant JTS students.

"Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, always new, late have I loved you. YOu called, you shouted and you shattered my deafness."

"Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you."

-- Confessions

He was obsessed, I think, with the Lord's beauty and truth. I think that's something that we could all use.

Also I wish a farewell to Jessica who is departing for Wellesley today. Benedicat eam Dominus Deus in scientia ea, and may she return soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?