Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Tolk-ing

I've been reading Unfinished Tales, a collection of Tolkien's work that is, well, unfinished. It's surprisingly good though less deep than the stuff that he was able to finish (duh). To anyone who would read the Silmarillion or The History of Middle Earth sort of stuff, this is a much needed addition.

I really miss the days when I didn't know what was going to happen at the end of LOTR. Surprisingly, though, the tale never gets old when retold. It's kind of like the Bible in that way. No matter how many times I read Moses' speach at the end of Deuteronomy, it still gets to me at a very deep level when he tells the Israelite to choose life. In recognition of the near-canonical status of LOTR (as in, I think it should be added to the bible right after II Chronicles), I've decided to add a link to the Encyclopedia of Arda to my links, for perusal with the Catholic Encyclopedia.

Gloria Eru Illuvatar!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?