Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Thought for the day

This is something I hope to write on in a few days and I was just hoping to gain some thoughts on the matter. I know you people read this thing. Alex even just commented. Kudos to Alex! I buy him lunch next time he's in NY.

Wait, I went an entire paragraph without saying my question.

OK, why do we fast before Mass? I mean, I have my own ideas, but I'm pretty sure I need more thoughts on the matter to synthesize anything. I've posted a thread from the CA forums here that has some other people's thoughts. My favorite is
Originally Posted by JimG
Hey, in the REALLY old days, it was fasting from midnight the night before! That's why we had a lot of early Masses!.

JimG
Jim, some us remember when the midnight fast included water. Midnight masses were pretty popular too.

Charlie
Just a thought, something to work on.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?