Monday, July 26, 2004

Reminder

Message: 10
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 05:05:46 -0000
From: "aroxxxxxx"
Subject: Tisha B'Av

Don't forget the fast of Tisha B'Av starts tonight (Monday).
I believe that I commented on the 17th of Tamuz. We have now reached the culmination of our little Lentan fast and it seems a good a time as any to recommend a book that has been sitting on my shelf for two months now but which I will hopefully be able to read soon. It was first published in January, so hopefully I have a highly collectable first printing or something to that effect. It's called Salvation Is from the Jews: The Role of Judaism in Salvation History and is written by a delighftul chap who feels compelled to establish a Catholic theology of being Jewish, something I'm all about. Also recommended for simultanious reading is The Anguish of the Jews, a fine work on antisemitism by a priest who wanted to change the direction of Catholic thought on such matters. A fine history, and very appropriate to the season.

Unfortunately, Davka screwed me out of my Temple software so I can't give you any interesting tidbits today. Sigh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?