Monday, July 19, 2004

Living la vita Domenica

Or, the sacristian is out today so I got to play "church employee" this morning. It was quite enjoyable, but I don't think it points towards involvement with the priesthood, sadly or luckily depending on who you are. It also confused my concentration, trying to pay attention to the Sacrifice but also to make sure there weren't any little kids running in to launch a water baloon attack on the high altar. I guess practice makes perfect, and anything that distracts me at Mass is a good thing.

Say what?

It's true. If nothing distracts me, it's easy to pay attention and be prayerful and all that stuff and who really cares. If things are going crazy, it's more of an effort to pay attention and be prayerful, and if you can pull off the same level of worship in a non-ideal environemnt, you're actually using the distractions to become a more holy person.

Just don't use it as an excuse to leave your cell phone on in church or I kill you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?