Saturday, June 12, 2004

Why I shouldn't write my own material

So I had two thoughts today. I know, a record.

Firstly. I always seem to forget, when giving people the sign of peace, or signum pacis, that there's a very important Someone in the room who deserves more of my attention, to put it mildly. Why is that, is it good, is it bad? I've recently been reading Archabbot Baur's book "In Silence with God" and I have the feeling that he would say that the Eucharist is in its form to allow us an opportunity to struggle with the obvious sensory perception (it's bread) and get at the truth behind it (it's not).

Secondly. After Mass one day next week I was walking out and I kneeled before the Blessed Sacrament shrine and low and behold I had an image in my head. People often say that we must reflect divine glory with our souls because all goodness is from above. I think Dante really likes that imagry. At any rate, I had this image of light pouring out of the Blessed Sacrament, hitting my chest oh about a little below my neck where I estimated the Eucharist was at that point and shining out as if it were a polished mirror. Thus, the Eucharist really lets our souls reflect light, not just the normal reflection you get say off of a piece of wood. Interesting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?