Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Just thought this was kinda touching

Message: 3
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:46:36 -0400
From: Lillian
Subject: Re: Re: Modesty and Dress at Mass

When working as a community health nurse in the Orthodox
section of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, I used to 'cover up' out
of respect for my patient and the neighbors. What impressed
me so was the elegance of the young girls, walking together
on the Sabbath, in their long beautiful dresses. And I loved
to see the 'sister' dresses, little girls with like patterns of
flowers on their dresses, not a hair out of place. My patient
and her husband were appreciative of my efforts to keep my
hair covered and would answer my questions. This was not
a wealthy family--the dad drove a religious school bus.
But the dining room was covered wall to wall with expensive
leather bound Hebrew books. I'd never seen so many. No
knickknacks or china in the bookcases -- Scripture.
Lily

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?