Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Highlights from the "Why are you Catholic" thread

Until recently I was perhaps the most faithful Catholic that ever lived. My certitude was unmatched. Sigh, until that is, I found a tract in a Wal Mart parking lot. Yes, indeed, an astute scholarly tract with ironclad arguments, which basically refutes Catholicism as a spawn of Satan himself. Who wrote this tract? None other then the honorable Jack Chick, who is an authority on Roman Catholicism, even perhaps a higher authority than Dave Hunt? Now I'm questioning whether I should worship the Pope, and remain in the whore of Babylon.

(Chad Williams)

Oh, yes and believing that sex is evil but that we also must have as many babies as humanly possible! But that makes sense since of course we're the Antichrist and therefore we want to be as evil as possible! And I also love how we unnecessarily make the simple Gospel stultifyingly complex, what with bored logic-chopping monks and friars having nothing to do all day but sit around making up abstruse theological questions with which to confuse people.

(Alex)

Sex: Kids by the dozen and guilt by the bushel! It's wrong and dirty even in marriage, but at least I can keep my wife in thrall because of a degrading patriarchal vision of the role of women. Yeah, baby! Thank--whoever--that we keep that Bible thing in the hands of priests only. I'd hate to be infected by Protestantism by reading it for myself. Saint Worship: Because Who Wants To Pray To God, Anyway?™

P.S. Jesuit Assassins are so pre-Vatican II. Get with the program, people!

(Albino Opus Dei Assassin)

I also love the fact that the pope can just wake up one day and invent a dogma so that we could keep ourselves busy with another devotion to one of numerous gods.... err... saints in our purgatorial pantheon.

(FRDB)

I like being Catholic because they serve liquor at EVERY MASS, even to little kids.

(Tim)

The only Church to publicly acknowledge the existence of its "secret" library/archives and to allow visits.

(Joao)

Sometimes, I'll be out walking by myself on a cold, clear night, and I'll look up at the stars so far away and almost be overwhelmed by the sense of my own insignificance.
But then I remember how I'm helping to keep dark-skinned foreigners poor, ignorant, and wretched by supporting priests to teach them pagan superstitions, and I feel a lot better about myself.

(Tom)

I became a Catholic because they had all the cutest girls: Italians, French, Spanish, Mexican, Brazilian, even half of the Germans and a fair number of the English, for heaven's sake.

(Dave Armstrong)


As for me, I always liked that whole ancestor-worship thing when you pray to dead people for dead people. Real sense of belonging.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?