Friday, April 30, 2004

And her letter

Hey all,

Back from the "March for Women's Lies" ... i think i'm scarred for life. I
have never been told so many times that my mother should have aborted me,
and further, i have never been flipped off by a 70 year old woman before!
All firsts. The whole ordeal was extremely frightening because one had,
deep in the gut, the ominous feeling that might be expected in the
antechamber of hell or something. I have never seen so much hate in my
life. Got spit on too. Screams, cursing, it's all good. It was
*definitely* worth it, and i wish you all would've come! I met the
Villanovans for Life and told them how much i admire their website. I also
got a bunch of pro-life rose stickers and met a family in Yonkers that is
going to let us borrow their Silent Scream tape next semester. I saw
H*ward Dean and Whoopi G*ldburg, Cyb*ll Shepherd and a bunch of fellow NYU
Voices for Choice pro-aborts who at first, seeing my huge "NYU STUDENTS
FOR LIFE" sign coupled with "EQUAL RIGHTS FOR UNBORN WOMEN" somehow got
the impression that i was pro-choice -- i think just because of the fact
that my sign had "NYU on it.. when they actually read it they scowled and
got migraines...mwaahhahahaha...and a lot were surprised to find out that
we even existed. So now thousands of people know that NYU, perhaps the
center of this vast pit of hell we call Manhattan, has a Pro-Life club.
Mwahahahahaa. w00t, as some say. I got a lot of "I thought they only let
smart people into NYU, sh*thead!" and "You're a f*cking idiot, NYU should
kick you out!" ... it was great. I think we said about 20 Rosaries and 15
Divine Mercy Chaplets throughout the day, along with some Panis Angelicus
and Tantum Ergo. The reporters were actually quite sympathetic too --
being at least a *little* neutral they saw how vicious and rabid the
pro-aborts were to us (they even tried to break down the big guard rails
the cops put up along the sidewalks at one point, theatening to punch my
little brother, Frank!) ...so that was nice.

I'm on the cover of a newspaper! In Westchester or Yonkers or something or
other. Slattery called me up to tell me... and i got interviewed by the
Seattle Post or something and a bunch of other ones i can't remember. We
were also on TV for a little while, the night before when we were making
signs at the hotel, the media showed up to film us, and i think my
brother made it on to CNN. Randall Terry is definitely all over the news,
as is Chris Slattery (his catch phrase Sunday was brilliant -- "Father,
forgive them, they do not know what they are doing." Anyway. That's about
all i hate to say about that, other than, check out the list of the
celebrities who endorsed the march and BOYCOTT THEM. Uma Thurman, Jennifer
Aniston, Charlize Theron (i KNEW i hated her!), Salma Hayek (i hated her
already for Frida!), Ani DeFranco, Whoopi, Cybill, ...there's a list
somewhere on line.

Okay, more updates. So, i have some bad news. The breakfast we were going
to attend tomorrow has been sold out and Chris was only able to get one
ticket, and he doesn't want to go alone, so he's not going. I'm really
terribly sorry to disappoint you all, and i'm sure there will be more
things like this in the years to come, since Chris knows a heck of a lot
of people... so please...don't kill me? I just found out late last
night when i was talking to him.

So, since we can't go tomorrow...tabling anyone? Chris said he would come
tomorrow as well -- i'll make a flier tonight and send it off you to
everyone and i figure i'll get to the Kimmel Center at around 10am to get
the tables and everything. Brian, you don't have to miss your 11am class
-- though i could *really* use someone's help (Larry, are you free
tomorrow at all?) to set up the table and man it until Brian gets out of
class at.. 12:15, right? Anyway, if you're around or have any free time,
please get back to me anytime tonight or tomorrow to let me know if you
can help. And come to the talk tomorrow. Chris Slattery is AWESOME.
Totally AWESOME. And his family is adorable. So come. 7pm. Catholic
center, i hope? I'm going to talk to Father John today, hopefully.

Okay, God bless!! I'll be around campus all day today, so if anyone wants
to meet up with me somewhere after 4:45 to plan for tomorrow, that'd be
fine, just send me a note.

With Mary,

Jenni

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?