Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Hitler's debt to America

"Begging the doctor once more, Walsh tried an appeal to his humanity. 'If the poor little darling has one chance in a thousand,' she pleaded, 'won't you operate to save it?'
Haiselden laughed at Walsh, retorting, 'I'm afraid it might get well.' He was a skilled and experienced surgeon, trained by the best doctors in Chicago. He was also an ardent eugenicist. Allan Bollinger duly died. An inquest was convened a few days later. Haiselden defiantly declared, 'I should have been guilty of a graver crime if I had saved this child's life. My crime would have been keeping in existence one of nature's cruellest blunders.' A juror shot back, 'What do you mean by that?' Haiselden responded, 'Exactly that. I do not think this child would have grown up to be a mental defective. I know it.'"

Love that American eugenics programming.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?