Friday, January 09, 2004

To quote Mark Shea, once again proving that I don't belong to an organized religion

"There was no use in demurring any longer. Fr. Golden knew he was cornered, and to his credit, he did the honorable thing. He clearly laid out the recent teaching on contraception. Turns out, he knew all about Paul VI's Humanae Vitae, the Pontifical Council on the Family, etc. After a fair factual presentation, however, he couldn't resist a footnote: 'This teaching hasn't been well-received by Catholics, however. It is going to have to be refined, or changed. This theology is still being written,' Father declared, 'And you couples will have to write it . . .in your bedrooms.' Well, I haven't found any encyclicals on my bed sheets yet, Fr. Golden, but I'll let you know if I do, you Judas."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?