Friday, January 16, 2004

The Third Commandment blues

I've been trying to figure out what happened between 30 and now that the sabbatical observances dropped off and were replaced entirely w/ Sunday observances, strict in their own way but also different. So questions:

1)Is the Sabbath, as currently observed, revealed, theology, or both?
2)Is the Church's choice of Sunday as a replacement revealed, theology, or both? That is, can another day be chosen.
3)How is work defined, and why does it differ?

I have an answer for two. Theology, and it can be replaced. People do it often with the permission of their pastors if, say, they are firemen and have to work Saturday into Sunday shifts. I'm not sure what they do in Israel about things like that, but I'd be interested to know.

Of course, no one reads this so I probably won't get many answers :-).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?