Monday, January 26, 2004

Old Oligarch on ABC

"I purchased two screeds against the Church's teaching on birth control and other sexual matters today: Uta Ranke-Heinemann's Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven, and John T. Noonan, Jr.'s Contraception: A History of Its Treatment by the Catholic Theologians and Canonists.

The purpose? Both are filled with lots of great data, albeit assembled by authors who seek to obscure or oppose the doctrine of the Church. Ranke-Heinemann's book positively drips with vitriol, from the first page onward, where we learn that (a) She was the first lay woman to qualify as a university lecturer in the field of Catholic theology in Germany in 1969, and (b) Shortly thereafter, she lost her chair of theology because of heretical teaching about Our Lady's virginity."

Ah, the sweet smell of heresy. One of my favorite bloggers, though I'd dare say that he doesn't know this, looks at my favorite of topics, sex, and my favorite of topics about sex, Catholic sexual teaching. Also talks about the problems it's abandonment is causing for my good friends the Protestants. cough cough.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?