Saturday, January 17, 2004

Lovely Pro-Genocide Art Graces Sweeden, Land of Opportunity

"'I felt that I was standing in front of a horror, I felt that I was standing in front of an exhibit that, while it was in an historic and big museum in the heart of Europe, was glorifying genocide. I was standing before an exhibit calling for genocide, praising the genocide of me, you, my brothers and sisters. I pulled the plug on the three spotlights and plunged the exhibit into darkness. I think one of the spotlights fell into water.'
Mazel was asked to leave, but refused. The creators of the exhibit are musician Dror Feiler, an Israeli who has lived in Sweden since 1973, and his Swedish wife Gunilla Skold Feiler. Feiler composed the music that accompanied the exhibit, and his wife created the visuals.
Feiler, holding his saxophone, stood in front of the crowd, saying Mazel was trying to censor art, and asked the museum authorities to have him removed. "

First of all, is this guy dense? Who makes art that's in favor of genocide? I guess Sweeden's in favor of killing people who are inconvenient. Not like anyone would have guessed that based on their current policies . . .

Secondly, how come if you make an art exhibit that encourages Muslims to kill Jews, it's ok, but if you make a movie that doesn't encourage Catholics to kill Jews, it's a problem?

Ah, great world we live in.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?